This is your opportunity to join the GLA’s Skills and Employment Unit to contribute to the Mayor’s strategy and policy development on skills and employment. The primary objective of the GLA’s Skills and Employment Unit is to fulfil the Mayor’s role to promote and deliver skills and employment policy and deliver the manifesto commitments on these policy areas. The unit is also responsible for the management and delivery of the devolved Adult Education Budget (AEB) in London.
The GLA is looking for two people to join the strategy and policy team within this dynamic unit to help realise the Mayor’s manifesto commitments to:
• Develop a city-wide, strategic approach to skills.
• Map the skills gap and commission programmes to create a pipeline of skilled London workers to make the most of the opportunities in London’s growth sectors.
• Establish a tech talent pipeline, through the Skills for Londoners taskforce.
• Support the development of, and protect schemes which expand opportunities for people with disabilities to work and gain skills.
• Be a champion for London’s neglected FE sector.
• Seek a devolution deal over further education which recognises the strategic importance of a London-wide approach to FE, aligned with the needs of employers and students.
• Promote the take-up of Adult Learning loans.