Some of the key responsibilities for the role include:
• Maintain a thorough understanding of local markets, government housing initiatives, major regeneration and infrastructure plans, competitors and preferred partners.
• Identify, prioritise and manage cross sector (public and private) affordable housing led development opportunities, in accordance with the regional strategy.
• Optimise suitable development and new business projects to ensure a pipeline of deliverable projects that fit the Group’s growth strategy is maintained.
• Prepare feasibility studies, and detailed proposals with financial and risk assessments, for presentation to the Regional Director of Development.
• Ensure projects are effectively managed in line with agreed procedures and that once opportunities are secured they are handed over to Delivery team members with a comprehensive briefing.
• Recruit, lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage the New Business Team to ensure that they are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the Group’s needs